Inspired by Asia’s iconic heritage hotels, the six-bedroom Villa Windu Asri provides grandeur, glamour and a remarkable sense of space for 12+ discerning guests seeking a peaceful location moments from Seminyak. The villa rests within a private walled garden on a secure Petitenget estate, less than a kilometer from the beach and within walking distance of some of Bali’s best restaurants and bars.
Six over-sized bedrooms and a stunning amount of living space are spread across four pavilions arranged around the swimming pool. The colonial architecture – white-washed pillars, shaded verandahs with teakwood balustrades, chequer-board marble and granite floors, stained and etched glass windows – is complemented by the rich interiors. Plushly cushioned rattan sofas, plantation chairs, four-poster beds, leather ottomans and roll-top bathtub hark back to the days of grand travel – brought bang up to date with more contemporary luxuries such as Sonos sound system, satellite TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, media room and a well-equipped gym.
Attentive yet discreet staff delivers round-the-clock Raffles-esque service to enrich the experience. Butlers serve spritzers and ice-cold towels by the pool or shake up sundown cocktails at the sit-up bar. The chef prepares gourmet meals (from a reasonably priced menu) in the state-of-the-art kitchen, served in the formal dining room or at the 16-seat table in the open-sided living pavilion. And therapists are on call for massages on the poolside bale’s stately daybed platforms.
With its breadth of living space and extra-large bedrooms, Windu Asri is a stunning villa for multiple families or groups of friends. For larger groups, the villa can be booked in conjunction with the four-bedroom Windu Sari next door, offering a total of 10 bedrooms for 20+ people.
Supremely coddled within the confines of this majestic villa, guests may find little compunction to leave. Yet within a kilometer or two is a wide choice of fine dining restaurants including La Lucciola, Sardine, Sarong, Metis and Mozaic Beach Club. And the best of Seminyak shopping is a short taxi-ride away.
– Open-sided, fan-cooled living pavilion with teakwood-lined vaulted roof, polished marble floor and Sonos sound system. Massive upholstered sofas and chairs, a dining table seating up to 16, and a bar counter with three bar stools facing a kitchenette with cocktail equipment and bar fridge
– Formal air-conditioned dining room with table for 12
– State-of-the-art kitchen with separate back-up kitchen for functions
– Media room with 60-inch TV, DVD player, Sonos sound system and drinks fridge
– Well-equipped air-conditioned gym.
– Guest washroom
– 13m x 8m swimming pool with shallow seating area at one end
– Huge poolside bale with comfortable U-shaped rattan sofas in an informal living area, and two super-sized daybeds raised on platforms.
– Covered terrace with seating outside poolside bedroom pavilion
– Verandah with sofas and coffee table outside media room
– Pool terrace with 4 sunbeds and an umbrellas
– Deep verandahs on both levers with additional clusters of seating
– Beautifully landscaped gardens, with built-in barbecue area
– Named after Indonesia’s main islands, the six air-conditioned bedroom suites are enormous. As they are equally impressive, there is no designated master suite.
– Four have super-king four-poster beds, and two have twins that can be set up as super-kings.
– All have 40-inch satellite TVs and DVD/CD player, and safe deposit box
– The bathrooms are large, with double basins and walk-in rain-shower. Two have garden courtyards and there are bathtubs in two.
– Two bedrooms occupy a separate pavilion by the pool, with garden bathrooms and a shared terrace with seating overlooking the shallow section of the pool.
– One bedroom is on the ground floor of the main pavilion, and three are on the upper level, opening onto shaded terraces.
– Rollaway beds and cots can be provided for children
Windu Asri is located in Petitenget on the edge of Seminyak – convenient to shopping and a growing number of designer boutiques, in addition to a plenitude of sumptuous spas, chic lounges and vibrant nightspots, including the popular Potato Head.
The villa is a short stroll from Legian Beach, well-known for its picture-perfect sunsets. A wide choice of fine dining restaurants, including Ku De Ta, Hu’u, Metis, La Lucciola, Sardine, Merah Putih, Mosaic Beach Club and Sarong are less than a kilometre away.
The location offers easy access to the mountains and rice terraces on the western slopes; it is less than an hour from the cultural and artistic town of Ubud, and just five minutes’ from the Sunset Route, gateway to the eastern side of the island.a